Postal addressRegional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
- Medical statistics
Background and activities
M.Sc., Industrial mathematics, NTNU, 1983
Ph.D., statistics, NTNU, 1988
Lydersen, S., Langaas, M., & Bakke, Ø. 2012, "The Exact Unconditional z-pooled Test for Equality of Two Binomial Probabilities: Optimal Choice of the Berger and Boos Confidence Coefficient", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1311-1316.
Fagerland, M. W., Lydersen, S., & Laake, P. 2011. Recommended confidence intervals for two independent binomial proportions. Statistical Methods in Medical research.
Lydersen, S., Fagerland, M. W., & Laake, P. 2009, "Tutorial in biostatistics: Recommended tests for association in 2x2 tables", Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S. 2007, "The human sex ratio in New York did not change after 11 September 2001". Human Reproduction.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Senchaudhuri, P., & Laake, P. 2007 "Choice of test for association in small sample unordered rxc tables". Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Laake, P., & Senchaudhuri, P. 2005, "Power Comparison of Exact Tests for Association in Unordered rxc Contingency Tables Using standard, Mid p, and Randomized Test Versions.", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 75 (6), pp. 447-458.
Lydersen, S. & Laake, P. 2003, "Power comparison of two-sided exact tests for association in 2 x 2 contingency tables using standard, mid p and randomized test versions", Stat.Med., vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3859-3871.
Lydersen, S. 1992, "Clayton's Model for Dependent Components in Systems Reliability", Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, vol. 36, pp. 53-58.
Lydersen, S. & Rausand, M. 1987, "A systematic Approach to Accelerated Life Testing.", Reliability Engineering, vol. 18, no. 4.
Lydersen, S., Hansen, G. K, Sandtorv, H. (editors) 1998: "Safety and Reliability". Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability - ESREL'98, Trondheim 16 - 19 June 1998. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Longitudinal Course of Diagnosed Depression from Ages 15 to 20 in a Community Sample: Patterns and Parental Risk Factors. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- (2014) Associations Between Parental Attachment and Course of Depression Between Adolescence and Young Adulthood. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- (2014) Maternal and paternal psychosocial risk factors for clinical depression in a Norwegian community sample of adolescents. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2014) The consistency of experts' evaluation of obstetric claims for compensation. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- (2014) Survival after colon diverticulitis treated in hospital. International Journal of Colorectal Disease.
- (2014) Recommended tests and confidence intervals for paired binomial proportions. Statistics in Medicine. volum 33 (16).
- (2014) Major increase in admission- and incidence rates of acute colonic diverticulitis. International Journal of Colorectal Disease.
- (2014) Cost-effectiveness of total disc replacement versus multidisciplinary rehabilitation in patients with chronic low back pain: A norwegian multicenter RCT. Spine. volum 39 (1).
- (2014) Substance use in children of parents with chronic pain - the HUNT study. Journal of Pain Research. volum 7.
- (2014) Smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use among adolescents with psychiatric disorders compared with a population based sample. Journal of Adolescence. volum 37 (7).
- (2014) Physical activity in adolescents with psychiatric disorders and in the general population. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. volum 8 (2).
- (2014) Current physical activity guidelines for health are insufficient to mitigate long-term weight gain: more data in the fitness versus fatness debate (The HUNT study, Norway). British Journal of Sports Medicine.
- (2014) Self-reported social anxiety symptoms and correlates in a clinical (CAP) and a community (Young-HUNT) adolescent sample. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology.
- (2014) Factors associated with time consumption when answering drug-related queries to Scandinavian drug information centres: a multi-centre study. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- (2014) Trends in cholecystectomy rates in a defined population during and after the period of transition from open to laparoscopic surgery. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. volum 49 (1).
- (2014) Intellectual Function in Patients with Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa. European eating disorders review. volum 22 (1).
- (2014) Neuropsychological function in patients with anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders.
- (2013) Adolescent predictors and associates of psychosocial functioning in young men and women: 11 year follow-up findings from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. volum 54 (2).
- (2013) The McNemar test for binary matched-pairs data: mid-p and asymptotic are better than exact conditional. BMC Medical Research Methodology. volum 13.
- (2013) Differentiated patterns of cognitive impairment 12 months after severe and moderate traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury. volum 27 (13-14).