Background and activities
Skills and expertice
Stig Geving has over 20 years of experience in research, consulting and information work within general building technology and building physics. His main focus has been heat and moisture transfer in buildings and building components, with a special emphasis on envelope design, moisture simulations, moisture damages and practical moisture handling in the building process. Building physical issues in regard to energy retrofits and energy efficient buildings such as passive houses and zero energy buildings has also been a focus the recent years.
Geving has written a substantial number of textbooks, reports, papers and articles within these subjects. He is often presenting at conferences and other profesional arenas, in Norway and internationally.
- TBA 4125 Design of buildings and structures
- TBA 4160 Building physics, basic course (course responsible)
- TBA 4165 Design of complex buildings (course responsible)
- TBA 4171 Buildings and material engineering, advanced course
- Supervisor of TBA4521-Spezialization project (9.semester)
- Supervisor of master thesis work (10. semester)
- BA 8104 Moisture- and air transport in building constructions, PhD.-course (course responsible)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Interior insulation retrofit of a historical brick wall using vacuum insulation panels: Hygrothermal numerical simulations and laboratory investigations. Building and Environment. vol. 79.
- (2013) Vapour retarders in wood frame walls and their effect on the drying capability. Frontiers of Architectural Research. vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Mean and diurnal indoor air humidity loads in residential buildings. Journal of Building Physics. vol. 35 (4).
- (2010) The Drying Potential and Risk for Mold Growth in Compact Wood Frame Roofs with Built-in Moisture. Journal of Building Physics. vol. 33 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2013) Smart vapour barriers in unventilated wooden roofs in a Nordic climate - laboratory study of drying effect under shaded conditions. 2nd Central European symposium on building physics. Vienna, Austria, September 9-11, 2013. Contributions to building physics.
- (2013) Effect of various Nordic climates on attaining the Passive House standard. 2nd Central European symposium on building physics. Vienna, Austria, September 9-11, 2013. Contributions to building physics.
- (2012) Overheating in passive houses compared to houses of former energy standards. PassivhusNorden 2012.
- (2011) Outdoor ventilated crawl spaces in passive houses - What are the moisture consequences?. PHN11 Helsinki - 4th Nordic Passive House Conference.
- (2011) Rehabilitation of basement walls with moisture problems by the use of vapour open exterior thermal insulation. Proceedings of the 9th Nordic Symposium on Building Physics, NSB 2011.
- (2010) Guidelines for the use of building physical modelling methods and tools in the development of sustainable refurbishment technologies for external walls. 2010. Sustainable Refurbishment of Building Facades and External Walls (SUSREF) (Deliverable: D2.2).
- (2013) Smart vapour barriers in compact wood frame roofs. Buildings XII - Thermal Performance of the Exterior Envelopes of Whole Buildings ; Clearwater Beach, Florida. 2013-12-01 - 2013-12-05.
- (2013) Fukt i passivhusvegger og -tak - målinger og beregninger. Passivhus Norden 2013 . Passivhus Norden; Gøteborg. 2013-10-15 - 2013-10-17.
- (2012) Vapour retarders in wood frame walls - do they have any effect on the drying capability?. IBPC 2012 - 5th International Building Physics Conference . Kyoto University; Kyoto. 2012-05-28 - 2012-05-31.
- (2012) Measurements of air leakage through clamped joints. 7th International BUILDAIR Symposium ; Stuttgart. 2012-05-11 - 2012-05-12.
- (2012) Improvement of traditional clamped joints in vapour- and wind barrier layer for passive house design. Passivhus Norden ; Trondheim. 2012-10-21 - 2012-10-23.