Background and activities
Teaching and research within the field of building physics
Leader for research group Building and Construction Engineering
Background and expertice
Stig Geving has over 20 years of experience in research, consulting and information work within general building technology and building physics. His main focus has been heat and moisture transfer in buildings and building components, with a special emphasis on envelope design, moisture simulations, moisture damages and practical moisture handling in the building process. Building physical issues in regard to energy retrofits and energy efficient buildings such as passive houses and zero energy buildings has also been a focus the recent years.
Geving has written a substantial number of textbooks, reports, papers and articles within these subjects. He is often presenting at conferences and other profesional arenas, in Norway and internationally.
- TBA 4125 Design of buildings and structures
- TBA 4160 Building physics, basic course (course responsible)
- TBA 4165 Design of complex buildings (course responsible)
- TBA 4171 Buildings and material engineering, advanced course
- Supervisor of TBA4521-Spezialization project (9.semester)
- Supervisor of master thesis work (10. semester)
- BA 8104 Moisture- and air transport in building constructions, PhD.-course (course responsible)