Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) The relative importance of aerobic capacity, physical activity and body mass index in impaired glucose tolerance and Type 2 diabetes. Vulnerable Groups & Inclusion. vol. 3.
- (2012) Insulin Sensitivity After Maximal and Endurance Resistance Training. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 26 (2).
- (2011) Exercise-induced changes in body fat, upper leg skeletal muscle area, BMI and body weight in overweight people with risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Acta Kinesiologiae Universitatis Tartuensis. vol. 16.
- (2011) Motivation for lifestyle changes to improve health in people with impaired glucose tolerance. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 25 (3).
- (2011) Headache and musculoskeletal complaints among subjects with self reported whiplash injury. The HUNT-2 study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 12.
- (2010) The Sense of Humor Questionnaire: Conceptualization and review of 40 years of findings in empirical researc. Europe's Journal of Psychology. vol. 6 (3).
- (2010) A 7-year prospective study of sense of humor and mortality in an adult county population: The HUNT-2 study. International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine. vol. 40 (2).
- (2009) Motivation for Life Style Changes to Improve Health in People with Impaired Glucose Tolerance. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research.
- (2009) Treatment of tunnel phobia: An experimental field study. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. vol. 38.
- (2009) Motivation for Life Style Changes to Improve Health in People with Impaired Glucose Tolerance. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research. vol. 32.
- (2008) The role of personality, mood, subjective health, and stress in depressive symptoms among high school students. European Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 22 (3).
- (2008) Helbred og humoristisk sans: dødelighed. Ugeskrift for læger. vol. 170 (51).
- (2008) Helbred og humoristisk sans: sygelighed. Ugeskrift for læger. vol. 170 (51).
- (2008) Some health effects of implementing school nursing in a Norwegian high school: A controlled study. Journal of School Nursing. vol. 24 (1).
- (2007) Hearing impairment, sense of humour and communication strategies. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research. vol. 9.
- (2007) Breathing exercises with vagal biofeedback may benefit patients with functional dyspepsia. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 42 (9).
- (2006) Sense of humor and survival among a county cohort of patients with end-stage renal failure: A two-year prospective study. International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine. vol. 36.
- (2006) Incidence of musculoskeletal complaints in a large adult Norwegian county population. The HUNT Study. Spine. vol. 31 (18).
- (2006) Matches and mismatches between telic dominance and type of sport: Changes in emotions and stress pre- to post-performance. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 40.
- (2006) One-year prevalence of chronic musculoskeletal pain in a large adult Norwegian county population: Relations with age and gender - The HUNT Study. Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain. vol. 14.