Background and activities
Consultant in Cardiology
Clinical cardiology, echocardiography
Valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathies, myocardial function, ventriculaovascular interaction, cardio-oncology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Wnt5a is associated with right ventricular dysfunction and adverse outcome in dilated cardiomyopathy. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Wnt5a is elevated in heart failure and affects cardiac fibroblast function. Journal of Molecular Medicine. vol. 95 (7).
- (2017) Left Ventricular Contraction Pattern in Chronic Aortic Regurgitation and Preserved Ejection Fraction: Simultaneous Stress-Strain Analysis by Three-Dimensional Echocardiography. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 30 (4).
- (2017) Increased clutter level in echocardiography due to specular reflection. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 10139.
- (2017) Effect of interleukin-6 inhibition on coronary microvascular and endothelial function in myocardial infarction. Heart. vol. 103 (19).
- (2017) Cardiac Assessment of Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Median 10 Years After Successful Simultaneous Pancreas and Kidney Transplantation Compared With Living Donor Kidney Transplantation. Transplantation. vol. 101 (6).
- (2017) The Notch Ligands DLL1 and Periostin Are Associated with Symptom Severity and Diastolic Function in Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research.
- (2016) Echocardiographic evidence of right ventricular functional improvement after balloon pulmonary angioplasty in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. vol. 35 (1).
- (2016) Controlled release metoprolol for aortic regurgitation: a randomised clinical trial. Heart. vol. 102 (3).
- (2016) Exercise capacity and peak oxygen consumption in asymptomatic patients with chronic aortic regurgitation. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 223.
- (2016) Utility of Global Longitudinal Strain by Echocardiography to Detect Left Ventricular Dysfunction in Long-Term Adult Survivors of Childhood Lymphoma and Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. American Journal of Cardiology. vol. 118 (3).
- (2016) Right ventricular function in long-term adult survivors of childhood lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 17 (7).
- (2016) Intraoperative improvement in left ventricular peak systolic velocity predicts better short-term outcome after transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. vol. 22 (1).
- (2016) Long-term outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve implantation: The impact of intraoperative tissue Doppler echocardiography. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. vol. 23 (3).
- (2016) Eliciting patient risk willingness in clinical consultations as a means of improving decision-making of aortic valve replacement. Journal of the American Heart Association. vol. 5:e002828 (3).
- (2016) Influence of septal thickness on the clinical outcome after alcohol septal alation in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation. Cardiovascular Interventions. vol. 9:e003214 (6).
- (2016) Effect of a single dose of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist tocilizumab on inflammation and troponin T release in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase 2 trial. European Heart Journal. vol. 37 (30).
- (2016) Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in type 1 diabetic patients after simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation compared with living donor kidney transplantation. Diabetologia. vol. 59 (4).
- (2016) Impaired Right Ventricular Function in Long-Term Lymphoma Survivors. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 29 (6).
- (2016) Valvular Dysfunction in Lymphoma Survivors Treated with Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation A National Cross-Sectional Study. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 9 (3).