Postal addressDepartment of Physics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
I am a researcher in the Medical physics' group leaded by Catharina Davies. My position is funded by Helse Midt-Norge and supports the project " Nanoparticles and ultrasounds to deliver medicines across the blood-brain barrier". This project involves collaboration with St Olavs Hospital, SINTEF, NTNU, and the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at the University of Graz (Austria), among others.
The optimization of nanoparticles, microbubbles, and ultrasound parameters used for the project require the use of in vitro and in vivo models. I currently work on isolating primary endothelial cells from pig brains' capillaries in order to develop a strong and reliable in vitro blood-brain barrier model model.
This project involves (or will involve) the use of techniques such as:
- Confocal microscopy
- Flow cytometry
- (Western Blot)
- (Electron microscopy)
Previous work activities:
2008-2012: Post doc at NTNU
2007-2008: Post doc at the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, UK.
2003-2007: PhD project: Design and Characterization of a Model Material Based on Extracellular Matrix Components, under the supervision of Dr. Alain Pluen, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences University of Manchester, UK.
2002: Master of Science in Polymeric Material Sciences, University of Lyon 1, France.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Cellular uptake of DNA-chitosan nanoparticles: The role of clathrin- and caveolae-mediated pathways. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. volum 51 (5).
- (2011) Effect of PEGylation on the diffusion and stability of chitosan-DNA polyplexes in collagen gels. Biomacromolecules. volum 12 (10).
- (2011) PEGylation increases mobility of chitosan-DNA delivery systems in artificial extracellular matrices. European Biophysics Journal. volum 40.
- (2010) Molecular design of chitosan gene delivery systems with an optimized balance between polyplex stability and polyplex unpacking. Biomaterials. volum 31 (5).
- (2009) Gene delivery with chitosan: influence of chain length on intracellular trafficking and dissociation. European Biophysics Journal. volum 38.