Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Heparin-Like Properties of Sulfated Alginates with Defined Sequences and Sulfation Degrees. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (7).
- (2014) The adaptor ASC has extracellular and 'prionoid' activities that propagate inflammation. Nature Immunology. vol. 15 (8).
- (2014) Double blockade of CD14 and complement C5 abolishes the cytokine storm and improves morbidity and survival in polymicrobial sepsis in mice. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (11).
- (2014) A vital role for complement in heart disease. Molecular Immunology. vol. 61 (2).
- (2014) A Role for the Adaptor Proteins TRAM and TRIF in Toll-Like Receptor 2 Signaling. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (2014) Alterations in mucus barrier function and matrix structure induced by guluronate oligomers. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystal-induced endothelial cell activation is complement-dependent and mediated by TNF. Immunobiology. vol. 219 (10).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystals induce complement-dependent inflammasome activation and cytokine release. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2014) Combined inhibition of complement and CD14 efficiently attenuated the inflammatory response induced by staphylococcus aureus in a human whole blood model. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2014) Mucosal toll-like receptor 3-dependent synthesis of complement factor B and systemic complement activation in inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) Whole Genome Gene Expression Meta-Analysis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Colon Mucosa Demonstrates Lack of Major Differences between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (2).
- (2013) TLR3 mediates release of IL-1 beta and cell death in keratinocytes in a caspase-4 dependent manner. Journal of dermatological science (Amsterdam). vol. 72 (1).
- (2013) The medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill promotes NF-B activation via stimulation of TLR2 and inhibits its activation via TLR4. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. vol. 29.
- (2013) Chimeric Anti-CD14 IGG2/4 Hybrid Antibodies for Therapeutic Intervention in Pig and Human Models of Inflammation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 191 (9).
- (2013) Double-blockade of CD14 and complement component C5 abolish the inflammatory storm and improve survival in mouse polymicrobial sepsis. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals activate the complement system and are phagocytosed in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) The induction of cytokines by polycation containing microspheres by a complement dependent mechanism. Biomaterials. vol. 34 (3).
- (2013) Biocompatibility and Biotolerability Assessment of Microspheres Using a Whole Blood Model. Micro and Nanosystems. vol. 5 (3).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals induce inflammasome activation and cytolcine release in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) The NLRP3 inflammasome is up-regulated in cardiac fibroblasts and mediates myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion injury. Cardiovascular Research. vol. 99 (1).