Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) The complement system and toll-like receptors as integrated players in the pathophysiology of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. vol. 241 (2).
- (2015) CD14, TLR4 and TRAM Show Different Trafficking Dynamics During LPS Stimulation. Traffic : the International Journal of Intracellular Transport. vol. 16 (7).
- (2015) CD14 and complement crosstalk and largely mediate the transcriptional response to Escherichia coli in human whole blood as revealed by DNA microarray. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (2).
- (2015) Gene expression profiling of Gram-negative bacteria-induced inflammation in human whole blood: The role of complement and CD14-mediated innate immune response. Genomics Data. vol. 5.
- (2015) A role for the adaptor proteins TRAM and TRIF in toll-like receptor 2 signaling. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 290 (6).
- (2015) Reconstituted high-density lipoprotein attenuates cholesterol crystal-induced inflammatory responses by reducing complement activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (1).
- (2014) Heparin-Like Properties of Sulfated Alginates with Defined Sequences and Sulfation Degrees. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (7).
- (2014) The adaptor ASC has extracellular and 'prionoid' activities that propagate inflammation. Nature Immunology. vol. 15 (8).
- (2014) Double blockade of CD14 and complement C5 abolishes the cytokine storm and improves morbidity and survival in polymicrobial sepsis in mice. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (11).
- (2014) A vital role for complement in heart disease. Molecular Immunology. vol. 61 (2).
- (2014) Alterations in mucus barrier function and matrix structure induced by guluronate oligomers. Biomacromolecules. vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystal-induced endothelial cell activation is complement-dependent and mediated by TNF. Immunobiology. vol. 219 (10).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystals induce complement-dependent inflammasome activation and cytokine release. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2014) Combined inhibition of complement and CD14 efficiently attenuated the inflammatory response induced by staphylococcus aureus in a human whole blood model. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2014) Mucosal toll-like receptor 3-dependent synthesis of complement factor B and systemic complement activation in inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) Whole Genome Gene Expression Meta-Analysis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Colon Mucosa Demonstrates Lack of Major Differences between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (2).
- (2013) TLR3 mediates release of IL-1 beta and cell death in keratinocytes in a caspase-4 dependent manner. Journal of dermatological science (Amsterdam). vol. 72 (1).
- (2013) The medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill promotes NF-B activation via stimulation of TLR2 and inhibits its activation via TLR4. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. vol. 29.
- (2013) Chimeric Anti-CD14 IGG2/4 Hybrid Antibodies for Therapeutic Intervention in Pig and Human Models of Inflammation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 191 (9).
- (2013) Double-blockade of CD14 and complement component C5 abolish the inflammatory storm and improve survival in mouse polymicrobial sepsis. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).