Background and activities
Discipline / work area
I am involved in modelling and analysis of damping in structural systems. Focus is on non-classically damped structural systems such as floating bridges or submerged floating tunnels.
- Modelling and analysis
- Identification of damping properties
- Developing design principles
As a PhD-student I am still maturing my professional expertise within the field of Structural Engineering and Marine Technology. The research areas I have been focusing on is mostly:
- Structural Dynamics
- Finite Element Method
- System Identification
Education and work experience:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering at Aalborg University, Denmark in 2013
- Research Assistant at Aalborg University (2 months)
- Geotechnical Engineer at Geo (6 months)
- Research Assistant at Aarhus University (6 months)
- Chairman of Engineers Without Boarders local chapter in Aalborg, Denmark (18 months)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2016) Dynamic Response of a Floating Bridge Structure. 19th Congress of IABSE, Challenges in Design and Construction of an Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment.
- (2016) Methods for Preliminary Analysis of Floating Bridge Structures. Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on PRActical Design of Ships and Other Floating Structures (PRADS' 2016).