Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Cyclodextrin Reduces Cholesterol Crystal-Induced Inflammation by Modulating Complement Activation. Journal of Immunology.
- (2017) Dual inhibition of complement and Toll-like receptors as a novel approach to treat inflammatory diseases-C3 or C5 emerge together with CD14 as promising targets. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 101 (1).
- (2017) Plasma Levels of Marine n-3 Fatty Acids Are Inversely Correlated With Proinflammatory Markers sTNFR1 and IL-6 in Renal Transplant Recipients. Journal of renal nutrition (Print). vol. 27 (3).
- (2017) Ficolins do not alter host immune responses to lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in vivo. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Alginate microbeads are coagulation compatible, while alginate microcapsules activate coagulation secondary to complement or directly through FXII. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 58.
- (2017) Effect on mother and child of eculizumab given before caesarean section in a patient with severe antiphospholipid syndrome. Medicine (Baltimore, Md.). vol. 96 (11).
- (2017) Properdin binding to complement activating surfaces depends on initial C3b deposition. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 114 (4).
- (2017) Effect of the anticoagulant, storage time and temperature of blood samples on the concentrations of 27 multiplex assayed cytokines ? Consequences for defining reference values in healthy humans. Cytokine. vol. 97.
- (2017) Complement activation by cholesterol crystals triggers a subsequent cytokine response. Molecular Immunology. vol. 84.
- (2017) Complement factor 5 blockade reduces porcine myocardial infarction size and improves immediate cardiac function. Basic Research in Cardiology. vol. 112:20 (3).
- (2017) The alternative complement pathway is dysregulated in patients with chronic heart failure. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2017) Plasma complement and vascular complement deposition in patients with coronary artery disease with and without inflammatory rheumatic diseases. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (3).
- (2017) Collectin liver 1 and collectin kidney 1 of the lectin complement pathway are associated with mortality after kidney transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation. vol. 17 (1).
- (2017) Systemic inflammation in acute intermittent porphyria:a case–control study. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. vol. 187 (3).
- (2017) Bypassing adverse injection reactions to nanoparticles through shape modification and attachment to erythrocytes. Nature Nanotechnology. vol. 12 (6).
- (2017) Iron oxide nanoparticles induce cytokine secretion in a complement-dependent manner in a human whole blood model. International Journal of Nanomedicine. vol. 12.
- (2016) Increased Levels of Interferon-Inducible Protein 10 (IP-10) in 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. vol. 83 (3).
- (2016) Complement activation is a crucial pathogenic factor in catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome. Rheumatology.
- (2016) Antiphospholipid antibodies are associated with low levels of complement C3 and C4 in patients with systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. vol. 84 (2).
- (2016) Combined inhibition of complement and CD14 attenuates bacteria-induced inflammation in human whole blood more efficiently than antagonizing the toll-like receptor 4-MD2 complex. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 214 (1).