Background and activities
Professor in political science from 2015. I obtained my Ph.D. in 2011 with the title Macro Factors and Public Opinion: An Investigation of Economic Left-Right Attitudes in Advanced Industrialized Democracies. Research interests: political behaviour, peace research, and quantitative methods.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Unpacking Ethnicity: Exploring the Underlying Mechanisms Linking Ethnic Fractionalization and Civil Conflict. Peace and Conflict: The Journal of Peace Psychology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2016) The challenge of globalisation: A world-wide investigation of public attitudes on individual vs. government responsibility. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development. vol. 12 (4).
- (2016) Inter-Municipal Cooperation and Satisfaction with Services: Evidence from the Norwegian Citizen Study. International Journal of Public Administration. vol. 39 (8).
- (2016) The return of prejudice in Europe’s regions: The moderated relationship between group threat and economic vulnerability. Nationalism & Ethnic Politics. vol. 22 (3).
- (2016) Democratic peace and the norms of the public: A multilevel analysis of the relationship between regime type and citizens' bellicosity, 1981-2008. Review of International Studies. vol. 42 (5).
- (2016) The turning point of tolerance: Ethnic attitudes in a global perspective. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 23 (1).
- (2016) Do they make a difference? Professional team sports clubs’ effects on migration and local growth: Evidence from Denmark. Sport Management Review.
- (2015) Ulike erfaringar frå ulike tenester: Korleis interkommunalt samarbeid verkar inn på brukarane si tilfredsheit. Fagbladet samfunn og økonomi.
- (2015) Economic performance and political trust: the impact of the financial crisis on European citizens. European Societies: The Official Journal of the European Sociological Association. vol. 17 (5).
- (2014) Hosting major sports events: the challenge of taming white elephants. Leisure Studies.
- (2014) Demokratisk fred og (betinget) demokratisk pasifisme: Et teoretisk og empirisk blikk på normativ demokratisk fredsteori. Internasjonal Politikk. vol. 72 (4).
- (2013) Maktfaktor eller medløper? En revidering av Israel-lobbyen og amerikansk Midtøsten-politikk. Internasjonal Politikk. vol. 71 (3).
- (2013) Why do poor countries suffer costly conflict? Unpacking per capita income and the onset of civil war. Conflict Management and Peace Science. vol. 30 (2).
- (2013) In Varietate Harmonia?: Intergroup Contact, Group Threat and Ethnic Tolerance in Scandinavian Regions. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 20.
- (2012) Fool's gold: major sport events and foreign direct investment. International Journal of Sport Policy.
- (2012) Makrofaktorer og offentlig opinion: En gjennomgang av forskning på økonomiske venstre–høyre-holdninger. Sosiologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 20 (4).
- (2012) Issue ownership, unemployment and support for government intervention. Work, Employment and Society. vol. 26 (3).
- (2012) Political Nationalism and Attitudes towards Immigration: The Interaction of Knowledge and Policy. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Patterns of Ethnic Intolerance in Europe. Journal of International Migration and Integration. vol. 13 (4).
- (2011) Economic nationalism and FDI: The impact of public opinion on foreign direct investment in emerging markets, 1990-2005. Society and Business Review. vol. 6 (1).