Background and activities
Professor in political science from 2015. I obtained my Ph.D. in 2011 with the title Macro Factors and Public Opinion: An Investigation of Economic Left-Right Attitudes in Advanced Industrialized Democracies. Research interests: political behaviour, peace research, and quantitative methods.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Inter-Municipal Cooperation and Satisfaction with Services: Evidence from the Norwegian Citizen Study. International Journal of Public Administration.
- (2015) Economic performance and political trust: the impact of the financial crisis on European citizens. European Societies: The Official Journal of the European Sociological Association. vol. 17 (5).
- (2014) Hosting major sports events: the challenge of taming white elephants. Leisure Studies.
- (2014) Demokratisk fred og (betinget) demokratisk pasifisme: Et teoretisk og empirisk blikk på normativ demokratisk fredsteori. Internasjonal Politikk. vol. 72 (4).
- (2013) Maktfaktor eller medløper? En revidering av Israel-lobbyen og amerikansk Midtøsten-politikk. Internasjonal Politikk. vol. 71 (3).
- (2013) Why do poor countries suffer costly conflict? Unpacking per capita income and the onset of civil war. Conflict Management and Peace Science. vol. 30 (2).
- (2013) In Varietate Harmonia?: Intergroup Contact, Group Threat and Ethnic Tolerance in Scandinavian Regions. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 20.
- (2012) Fool's gold: major sport events and foreign direct investment. International Journal of Sport Policy.
- (2012) Makrofaktorer og offentlig opinion: En gjennomgang av forskning på økonomiske venstre–høyre-holdninger. Sosiologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 20 (4).
- (2012) Issue ownership, unemployment and support for government intervention. Work, Employment and Society. vol. 26 (3).
- (2012) Political Nationalism and Attitudes towards Immigration: The Interaction of Knowledge and Policy. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Patterns of Ethnic Intolerance in Europe. Journal of International Migration and Integration. vol. 13 (4).
- (2011) Economic nationalism and FDI: The impact of public opinion on foreign direct investment in emerging markets, 1990-2005. Society and Business Review. vol. 6 (1).
- (2011) Education and the Zeitgeist: government positions and public opinion on income distribution. European Political Science Review. vol. 3 (1).
- (2011) Welfare attitudes and social expenditure: do regimes shape public opinion?. Social Indicators Research. vol. 101 (3).
- (2010) Public versus Private: The Conditional Effect of State Policy and Institutional Trust on Mass Opinion. European Sociological Review. vol. 26 (3).
- (2010) Welfare Attitudes and Social Expenditure: Do Regimes Shape Public Opinion?. Social Indicators Research. vol. 97.
- (2010) Birds of a feather flock apart? Testing the critique of the clash of civilizations thesis. Peace, Conflict and Development. vol. 15 (March).
- (2009) Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death! State Repression, Ethnic Grievance and Civil War, 1981-2004. Civil Wars. vol. 11 (2).
- (2009) The Game: A Rational Actor Approach to the U.S.-led Invasion of Iraq, 2003. Strategic Analysis. vol. 33 (5).