Trude Rakel Balstad
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Working with multi-centre clinical trials looking at the effect of NSAIDs, excerise and nutrition in palliative cancer patients with cancer cachexia
PhD from The Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2011) Coffee, broccoli and spices are strong inducers of electrophile response element-dependent transcription in vitro and in vivo - Studies in electrophile response element transgenic mice. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research. volum 55 (2).
- (2010) Extract of Oregano, Coffee, Thyme, Clove, and Walnuts Inhibits NF-kappa B in Monocytes and in Transgenic Reporter Mice. Cancer Prevention Research. volum 3 (5).
- (2010) Apple, Cherry, and Blackcurrant Increases Nuclear Factor Kappa B Activation in Liver of Transgenic Mice. Nutrition and Cancer. volum 62 (6).
- (2010) Degree of roasting is the main determinant of the effects of coffee on NF-kappa B and EpRE. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. volum 48 (9).
- (2009) Activation and Inhibition of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Activity by Cereal Extracts: Role of Dietary Phenolic Acids. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. volum 57 (20).
- (2006) Triglyceride-rich HDL3 from patients with familial hypercholesterolemia are less able to inhibit cytokine release or to promote cholesterol efflux. Journal of Nutrition. volum 136 (4).
- (2005) Altered composition of HDL3 in FH subjects causing a HDL subfraction with less atheroprotective function. Clinica Chimica Acta. volum 359 (1-2).
- (2010) Dietary plants and regulation of gene expression through Nrf2/EpRE and NF-kB. Unipub forlag. 2010. ISBN 978-82-8072-530-1.