Postal addressDepartment of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
Trude Rakel Balstad
Background and activities
Clinical nutritionist and reseracher at PRC. Unit for Cancer and Patient Research. Research group: Pain and palliation
Working with multi-centre clinical trials looking at the effect of NSAIDs, excerise and nutrition in palliative cancer patients with cancer cachexia
PhD from The Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Plant extracts of spices and coffee synergistically dampen nuclear factor–κB in U937 cells. Nutrition Research. volum 33 (10).
- (2013) Effect of physical exercise on muscle mass and strength in cancer patients during treatment : A systematic review. Critical reviews in oncology/hematology. volum 88 (3).
- (2013) Health-related quality of life in cancer patients with cachexia. Psycho-Oncology. volum 22.
- (2011) Coffee, broccoli and spices are strong inducers of electrophile response element-dependent transcription in vitro and in vivo - Studies in electrophile response element transgenic mice. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research. volum 55 (2).
- (2010) Extract of Oregano, Coffee, Thyme, Clove, and Walnuts Inhibits NF-kappa B in Monocytes and in Transgenic Reporter Mice. Cancer Prevention Research. volum 3 (5).
- (2010) Coffee, broccoli and spices are strong inducers of electrophile response element-dependent transcription in vitro and in vivo - Studies in electrophile response element transgenic mice. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research. volum 54.
- (2010) Apple, Cherry, and Blackcurrant Increases Nuclear Factor Kappa B Activation in Liver of Transgenic Mice. Nutrition and Cancer. volum 62 (6).
- (2010) Degree of roasting is the main determinant of the effects of coffee on NF-kappa B and EpRE. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. volum 48 (9).
- (2009) Activation and Inhibition of Nuclear Factor Kappa B Activity by Cereal Extracts: Role of Dietary Phenolic Acids. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. volum 57 (20).
- (2006) Triglyceride-rich HDL3 from patients with familial hypercholesterolemia are less able to inhibit cytokine release or to promote cholesterol efflux. Journal of Nutrition. volum 136 (4).
- (2005) Altered composition of HDL3 in FH subjects causing a HDL subfraction with less atheroprotective function. Clinica Chimica Acta. volum 359 (1-2).
- (2010) Dietary plants and regulation of gene expression through Nrf2/EpRE and NF-kB. Unipub forlag. 2010. ISBN 978-82-8072-530-1.
- (2013) Dietary treatment of weight loss in patients with advanced cancer and cachexia: A systematic literature review. 7th International Conference of the Society on Sarcopenia, Cachexia and Wasting Disorders (SCWD) . Society on Sarcopenia,Cachexia and Wasting Disorders (SCWD); Kobe. 2013-12-09 - 2013-12-11.