Background and activities
- Mental health of preschool children
- Antecedents to development of pscyhosocial problems in children
- Parent-child interaction
- Attachment styles in children
- Videobased parent interventions
Current research studies:
- "The Early Secure in Trondheim" - study. A longitudinal study of early detection and prevention of psychosocial disorders among preschoolers in the community. Partners: Professor Lars Wichstrøm, NTNU; Professor Jay Belsky, University of California, Davis.
- "Laughter, tears and nappies" A randomized control trial of videobased parent intervention with vulnerable infants and toddlers. Partners MD Magnhild S. Høivik, NTNU and leader of unit Marit Bergum Hansen, RBUP Oslo.
- Too much too soon?" A multi-informant, prospective study of predictors, moderators and effects of enduring day care stress on young children's mental health. Partenrs: Professor May Britt Drugli, NTNU; Associate professor Vibeke Moe, RBUP Oslo and University of Oslo; Professor Lieselotte Ahnert, Universität Wien; and Professor Jay Belsky, University of California.