Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Work demands and health consequences of organizational and technological measures introduced to enhance the quality of home care services - A subgroup analysis. Applied Ergonomics. vol. 51.
- (2015) Discrepancies in assessing home care workers’ working conditions in a Norwegian home care service: differing views of stakeholders at three organizational levels. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) Perceived occupational exposures of home care workers and the association to general tension, shoulder-neck and low back pain. Work : A journal of Prevention, Assesment and rehabilitation. vol. 49 (4).
- (2013) Understanding significant processes during work environment interventions to alleviate time pressure and associated sick leave of home care workers - a case study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 13 (477).
- (2013) Heart rate variability in fibromyalgia patients and healthy controls during non-REM and REM sleep: a case–control study. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 42 (6).
- (2013) Trapezius activity of fibromyalgia patients is enhanced in stressful situations, but is similar to healthy controls in a quiet naturalistic setting: a case-control study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 14.
- (2012) Catecholamines and heart rate in female fibromyalgia patients. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 72 (1).
- (2012) Comparison of the cortisol awakening response in women with shoulder and neck pain and women with fibromyalgia. Psychoneuroendocrinology. vol. 37 (2).
- (2011) Occupational musculoskeletal and mental health: Significance of rationalization and opportunities to create sustainable production systems - a systematic review. Applied Ergonomics. vol. 42 (2).
- (2010) The stress systems in women with fibromyalgia are dysregulated. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. vol. 17.
- (2010) Fibromyalgia syndrome is associated with hypocortisolism. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. vol. 17 (3).
- (2010) Systematic evaluation of observational methods assessing biomechanical exposures at work. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 36 (1).
- (2009) Back posture and low back muscle activity in female computer workers: A field study. Clinical Biomechanics. vol. 24 (2).
- (2008) A unilateral sympathetic blockade does not affect stress-related pain and muscle activity in patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 37 (1).
- (2008) Similarities in stress physiology among patients with chronic pain and headache disorders: evidence for a common pathophysiological mechanism?. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 9 (3).
- (2007) Cardiovascular responses to cognitive stress in patients with migraine and tension-type headache. BMC Neurology. vol. 7 (7).
- (2007) Noradrenaline and cortisol changes in response to low-grade cognitive stress differ in migraine and tension-type headache. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 8 (3).
- (2007) The influence of body posture, arm movement, and work stress on trapezius activity during computer work. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 101 (4).
- (2007) Autonomic and muscular responses and recovery to one-hour laboratory mental stress in healthy subjects. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 8 (1).
- (2007) Autonomic activation and pain in response to low-grade mental stress in fibromyalgia and shoulder/neck pain patients. European Journal of Pain. vol. 11 (7).