Background and activities
Some information about meAssociate Professor of polymer science and nanotechnology at the colloid and polymer group (Ugelstad Laboratory), Department of Chemical Engineering, since 2006.
My research interests:
- Soft condensed matter on surfaces
- Stimuliresponsive (temperature, pH, ...) polymers at interfaces
- Noble metal nanoparticles for application in drug delivery and optics
- Protein folding and -function
- Targeted drug delivery
- Molecular spectroscopy
- TKP4130 Polymer chemistry
- TKP4170 Colloid- and polymer specialization
- TKP4190 Fabrication and application of nanomaterials
- KP8134 Surfactants and polymers in aqueous solutions (PhD topic)
- KP8121 Colloid- and polymer chemistry special topic "Soft condensed matter on surfaces" (PhD topic)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Incorporation of Fe@Au nanoparticles into multiresponsive pNIPAM-AAc colloidal gels modulates drug uptake and release. Colloid and Polymer Science. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2016) L-DOPA-Coated Manganese Oxide Nanoparticles as Dual MRI Contrast Agents and Drug-Delivery Vehicles. Small. vol. 12 (3).
- (2015) Kinetics of hematopoietic stem cells and supportive activities of stromal cells in a three-dimensional bone marrow culture system. Growth Factors. vol. 33 (5-6).
- (2015) Controlling the self-assembly and optical properties of gold nanoclusters and gold nanoparticles biomineralized with bovine serum albumin. RSC Advances. vol. 5 (122).
- (2015) Self-assembly and characterization of transferrin-gold nanoconstructs and their interaction with bio-interfaces. Nanoscale. vol. 7 (17).
- (2015) Tuning the size and shape of oxide nanoparticles by controlling oxygen content in the reaction environment: Morphological analysis by aspect maps. Chemistry of Materials. vol. 27 (6).
- (2015) Nanoparticle-stabilized microbubbles for multimodal imaging and drug delivery. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging. vol. 10 (5).
- (2015) Ageing and corrosion of paper insulated copper windings: The effect of irgamet® 39 in aged insulated oil. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 22 (1).
- (2014) Synthesis and in vitro cellular interactions of superparamagnetic iron nanoparticles with a crystalline gold shell. Applied Surface Science. vol. 316 (1).
- (2014) Superspin glass state and exchange bias in amorphous Fe/Fe-O coreshell nanoparticles. Materials Research Express. vol. 1.
- (2014) Synthesis, characterization, and cellular uptake of magnetic nanocarriers for cancer drug delivery. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 433.
- (2014) Tunability in Crystallinity and Magnetic Properties of Core–Shell Fe Nanoparticles. Particle & particle systems characterization. vol. 31.
- (2014) Synthesis of Au nanowires with controlled morphological and structural characteristics. Applied Surface Science. vol. 311.
- (2013) Influence of poly(ethylene glycol) block length on the adsorption of thermoresponsive copolymers onto gold surfaces. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 48 (20).
- (2013) Turbiscan as a Tool for Studying the Phase Separation Tendency of Pyrolysis Oil. Energy & Fuels. vol. 27 (3).
- (2013) Dielectric Properties of Asphaltene Solutions: Solvency Effect on Conductivity. Energy & Fuels. vol. 27 (1).
- (2013) Anticancer Activity from Gold-alpha-Lactalbumin Nanoconstructs?. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 117 (5).
- (2013) Tunable photophysical properties, conformation and function of nanosized protein–gold constructs. RSC Advances. vol. 3 (2).
- (2013) Cytotoxicity of bovine alpha-lactalbumin: Oleic acid complexes correlates with the disruption of lipid membranes. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Biomembranes. vol. 1828 (11).
- (2012) HAMLET forms annular oligomers when deposited with phoshpolipid monolayers. Journal of Molecular Biology. vol. 418 (1-2).