Background and activities
PhD in Medicine. Linköping University, Sweden (2003)
Medical degree. Capital Medical University, China (1992)
Aug. 2013 – Dept. of Public Health and General Practice, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. Professor
2010 – July 2013 Dept. of Public Health and General Practice, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. Research scientist
2008 – 2009 SINTEF Health Research, Norway. Research scientist
2007 McLaughlin Centre for Population Health Risk Assessment, University of Ottawa, Canada. Respiratory epidemiologist
2005 – 2007 University of Manitoba, Canada. Post-doctoral fellow
2004 – 2005 Linköping University and Karolinska Institutet, Sweden. Post-doctoral fellow
1997 – 1999 Division of Pediatrics, IMK, Linköping University, Sweden. Visiting scholar
1992 – 1997 Beijing Pediatric Institute, Beijing Children’s Hospital, Beijing, China. Resident physician
- Epidemiology and research methods (BEV2007, BEV3024, BEV1012)
- Physical activity and health (BEV3023, BEV1013)
- Course coordinator (BEV2007 - Observational Studies and BEV3901 - Master's thesis in Movement Science)
- Vitamin D, obesity and physical activity in relation to chronic diseases, with ongoing research on asthma, lung function, metabolic disorders and lung cancer
- Risk factors for asthma and allergy in children and adults
- Physical activity and bone health
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Prospective study of insomnia and incident asthma in adults: The HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 49 (2).
- (2017) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level, chronic diseases and all-cause mortality in a population-based prospective cohort: the HUNT Study, Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (e017256).
- (2016) Physical activity and incident asthma in adults: The HUNT Study, Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 6 (11).
- (2016) Physical activity and lung function decline in adults with asthma: The HUNT Study. Respirology (Carlton South. Print). vol. 22 (2).
- (2016) Vitamin D and lung function decline in adults with asthma: the HUNT study. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 183 (8).
- (2015) Intake of multivitamin supplements and incident asthma in Norwegian adults: the HUNT study. ERJ Open Research. vol. 1 (2).
- (2015) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level, smoking and lung function in adults: the HUNT Study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 46 (2).
- (2015) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and lung function in adults with asthma: the HUNT Study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 45 (4).
- (2015) McCormack, Daniel; Mai, Xiao-Mei; Chen, Yue. Determinants of vitamin D supplement use in Canadians. Public Health Nutrition. vol. Jun 19.
- (2014) The Link Between Plasma 25-Hydroxyvitamin D and Lung Function in General and Asthmatic Children. Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonology. vol. 27 (2).
- (2014) Factors associated with vitamin D deficiency in a Norwegian population: the HUNT Study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. vol. 68 (2).
- (2014) Lung function and respiratory symptoms in association with mortality: The HUNT study. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 11 (1).
- (2014) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and self-reported allergic rhinitis in Norwegian adults - The HUNT Study. Allergy. European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. vol. 69 (4).
- (2013) General and abdominal obesity and incident asthma in adults: the HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 41 (2).
- (2013) Metabolic syndrome and incidence of asthma in adults: the HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 42 (6).
- (2013) The associations of anxiety and depression symptoms with weight change and incident obesity: The HUNT Study. International Journal of Obesity. vol. 37 (9).
- (2013) The joint association of anxiety, depression and obesity with incident asthma in adults: the HUNT Study. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 42 (5).
- (2013) Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D associated with pulmonary function in Canadian adults with excess adiposity. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 98 (1).
- (2013) GOLD classifications and mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the HUNT Study, Norway. Thorax. vol. 68 (10).
- (2013) Cod liver oil intake and incidence of asthma in Norwegian adults-the HUNT study. Thorax. vol. 68 (1).