Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Bridging the gap between fisheries science and society: Exploring fisheries science as a social activity. ICES Journal of Marine Science. vol. 74 (2).
- (2016) Comparative economic performance and carbon footprint of twofarming models for producing Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar):Land-based closed containment system in freshwater and open netpen in seawater. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 71.
- (2016) Coming soon to a fjord near you: future jellyfish scenarios in a changing climate. Coastal Management. vol. 45 (1).
- (2015) Conservation versus harvest of wild Atlantic salmon. The cost of sea lice induced mortality. Fisheries Research. vol. 168.
- (2015) To Adapt or Not Adapt: Assessing the Adaptive Capacity of Artisanal Fishers in the Trondheimsfjord (Norway) to Jellyfish (Periphylla periphylla) Bloom and Purse Seiners. Marine and Coastal Fisheries. vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) Estimating costs of sea lice control strategy in Norway. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. vol. 117 (3-4).
- (2014) Fishy fish? The economic impacts of escaped farmed fish. Aquaculture Economics & Management. vol. 18 (3).
- (2014) Something fishy: Assessing stakeholder resilience to increasing jellyfish (Periphylla periphylla) in Trondheimsfjord, Norway. Marine Policy. vol. 46.
- (2013) An ecological-economic model on the effects of interactions between escaped farmed and wild salmon (Salmo salar). Fish and Fisheries. vol. 14 (2).
- (2011) Wild and farmed salmon in Norway—A review. Marine Policy. vol. 35 (3).
- (2011) Potential ecological and economic impacts of sea lice from farmed salmon on wild salmon fisheries. Ecological Economics. vol. 70 (10).
- (2011) On the willingness-to-pay for recreational fishing-escaped farmed versus wild atlantic salmon. Aquaculture Economics & Management. vol. 15 (4).
- (2010) Estimating Pollution Abatement Costs of Salmon Aquaculture: A Joint Production Approach. Land Economics. vol. 86 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2014) Ocean acidification and fisheries – a Bayesian network approach to assessing a wicked problem. Proceedings of the 7th International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software (iEMSs), June 15-19, San Diego, California, USA.
- (2013) Salmon Aquaculture in Canada and Norway – Appraising Governability. Governability of Fisheries and Aquaculture: Theory and Applications.
- (2010) Does the recreational Angler Care? Escaped farmed vs. Wild Atlantic Salmon. Proceedings of the Fifteenth Biennial Conference of the International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade, July 12-17, 2010.