Postal addressDepartment of Computer and Information Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
My academic interests are heterogeneous architectures, energy efficiency via application- or domain-specific accelerators. My current research focus is accelerating irregular applications using reconfigurable logic to achieve high performance and energy efficiency. I also work with the SHMAC (Single-ISA Heterogeneous Manycore Computer) project as part of the EECS (Energy Efficient Computing Systems) strategic research area.
I am also interested in ease-of-programmability for heterogeneous architectures, system software and energy-efficient embedded systems.
- PhD (Computer Architecture), NTNU, 2013 - present
- MSc (European Master in Embedded Computing Systems), NTNU and University of Southampton, 2011 - 2013
- BSc (Computer Engineering), Middle East Technical University, 2006 - 2011
Publications in Progress
- An Energy Efficient Column-Major Backend for FPGA SpMV Accelerators, Yaman Umuroglu and Magnus Jahre, to appear at IEEE ICCD 2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2014) Memory-Centric Design for FPGA SpMV Accelerators. ACACES 2014: poster abstracts.