Background and activities
Yurii Lyubarskii (1950) is Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences. He is a member of The Analysis Group. Professor Lyubarskii has a PhD in mathematics from Institute for Low Temperatures, Kharkov, Ukraine, and a Doctor Sci. degree in Mathematics from Steklov Mathematical Institute, St.Petersburg, Russia.
- 1996- Professor, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU
- 1971-2001 Researcher, Leading Researcher, Institute for Low Temperature Physics & Engineering, Ukraine
- 1974-1985 Part time lecturer, Kharkov State University, Ukraine
Recent extended research visits
- Aug 2015-June 2016, Visiting researcher, Purdue University, Indiana, USA
- Spring 2008, Visiting researcher, University of Marseille, France
- Fall 2008 – Spring 2009, Visiting researcher, University of California, Berkeley
- Fall 2012- Spring 2013, Project leader, Center of Advanced Study, Oslo
Recent Research Projects
2015- Leader of Trondheim node, NFR FRINAT project: “Geometry and Analysis of Complex Shapes and Applications to Mathematical Physics”
- 2015- Project leader, NFR FRINAT project: “Discrete Models in Mathematical Analysis”
- 2015- Participant, Aurora NFR project: “Complex and Harmonic Analysis Related to Generating Systems: phase space localization properties, sampling and applications”
- Fall 2012-Spring 2013, Project leader (together with K.Seip) Center of Advanced Study: “Operator related function theory and timefrequency analysis”
He has supervised 3 graduated doctoral candidates, and is currently supervising 1 PhD candidate. He is a member of The Royal Norwegian Society of Science and Letters.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Trace ideal criteria for embeddings and composition operators on model spaces. Journal of Functional Analysis.
- (2015) On Summation of Nonharmonic Fourier Series. Constructive approximation.
- (2014) Bandlimited Lipschitz functions. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. vol. 37 (2).
- (2013) Inverse problem for small oscillations. Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics. vol. 87.
- (2013) Gabor frames with rational density. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. vol. 34 (3).
- (2012) Radial oscillation of harmonic functions in the Korenblum class. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 44 (1).
- (2010) Frame constants of Gabor frames near the critical density. Journal des Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées. vol. 94 (2).
- (2010) RIESZ BASES OF REPRODUCING KERNELS IN FOCK-TYPE SPACES. Journal of the Institute of Mathematics of Jussieu. vol. 9 (3).
- (2010) Radial growth of functions in the Korenblum space. St. Petersburg Mathematical Journal. vol. 21 (6).
- (2010) Uncertainty Principles and Vector Quantization. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. vol. 56 (7).
- (2009) Phase space distribution of Gabor expansions. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. vol. 26 (2).
- (2009) Gabor (super)frames with Hermite functions. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 345 (2).
- (2008) A Hilbert Lemniscate Theorem in ℂ 2. Annales de l'Institut Fourier. vol. 58 (6).
- (2008) Irregular Poisson Type Summation. Sampling Theory in Signal and Image Processing. vol. 7.
- (2007) Uniqueness theorems for Korenblum type spaces. Journal d'Analyse Mathematique. vol. 103 (1).
- (2007) Gabor frames with Hermite functions. Comptes rendus. Mathematique. vol. 344.
- (2007) Direct and inverse multichannel scattering problems. Functional analysis and its applications. vol. 41.
- (2005) Interpolation of functions from generalized Paley-Wiener spaces. Journal of Approximation Theory. vol. 133.
- (2002) Weighted Paley-Wiener spaces. Journal of The American Mathematical Society. vol. 15 (4).
- (2001) On approximation of subharmonic functions. Journal d'Analyse Mathematique. vol. 83.