Energy and Indoor Environment
The energy and indoor environment group works with economical indoor environments. The main objective is to generate a comfortable and safe indoor climate by means of efficient and approppriate climate systems.
We focus on the following applications:
Energy consumption and supply
- Heating and energy systems
- Energy use and planning
- District heating
- System simulation
- Facility management
- Administration, operation, maintenance and development (FDVU)
- Building climatization
- Sanitation and residential hygiene
- Applied heat pump engineering
- HVAC systems
- Industrial ventilation
- Fire and safety
As a master or doctor degree student in our group, you become member of an international group with contacts all over the world, and can choose to specialize in several directions.
The Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology offer a PhD in Energy and Process Engineering where you can write a doctoral thesis connected to research and development carried out in our research group. The following large master degree programmes has courses and projects related to our areas of research: Energy and Environmental Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Our research activity is organised around research projects. Currently we contribute to the following projects:
- HERD-QIMSEE - Sustainable Energy and Environment in the Western Balkans
- INTERACT - Efficient interaction between energy demand, surphus heat/cool and thermal storage in building complexes.
We participate in the following centres: