Info from IT-support at Energy and Process Engineering
When you contact us, always give machinename, roomnumber and telephonenumber.
IT-info for EPT on web: http://www.ntnu.edu/ept/it-info
!! Store EVERYTHING you need in the Project / Master in your home directory on STUD !! Here there are backup!!
DON'T put your files in " My Documents or Desktop "
Nearest printer in 4th floor is: IEPTPR36
Install printer: \\print.win.ntnu.no\printername
For instance : \\print.win.ntnu.no\ivt-vatl-ieptpr36 (installs the printer IEPTPR36 in 4th floor).
(Devices and Printers->Add a printer->Add a network wireless..printer->The printer that I…isn't listed->Select a shared printer: Here you write the queuename: for instance: \\printhost.itea.ntnu.no\ivt-vatl-ieptpr36 (The printers are marked with yellow notes, here you find the name of the printer)
In 2nd floor, in the copyroom outside the Dataverkstedet stands studprint-ricoh: \\followprint.win.ntnu.no\studprint-ricoh
- Connect laptop ?
NTNU – Has wireless connection in most rooms. Read more of this in
- Download vpn from: http://sslvpn.ntnu.no
- Remember to have the latest Windows Security Updates on your machine and Antivirus.
You find this in \\progdist.itea.ntnu.no\progdist\ and http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
Laptops shall not be connected by cable!
- You order programs by email, remember roomnumber, machinenumber, telephonenumber.
(Programs outside NTNUs standard, send link where it can be downloaded).
- Delayed logon? Save all your personal-files at M:\ drive. Files you save at Desktop and My documents, are transferred between you and the server when you log on and off. This causes the delay.
- General rule: Save all your data at your NTNU stud account !!
Reporting errors and problems: Bring the name of your machine:
The name of the machine in the illustration is: IEPT0362. Then we can solve your problem faster.
Contact IT-SUPPORT on e-mail
Always bring machinename, roomnumber and telephonenumber.
Do you want to install something outside NTNUs standard?
Remember to send a link where the program can be downloaded, or bring a CD, then we can try to fix it.
Help address: firstname.lastname@example.org