Innovation in industry and society
- Entrepreneurship, including cultural, social and green
- Local and regional restructuring and innovation
- Urban and rural development and place marketing
- Culture, experiences and tourism
- Clusters and innovation systems
This research field, covering regional and local processes of restructuring and innovation, includes social, economic, cultural and political aspects. We also focus on various planning and development strategies in urban, rural, regional and global contexts. We ask how firms, places and regions are coupled with international value chains and networks. Entrepreneurship in industry as well as cultural, social and green entrepreneurship is research subjects. Related research explores how clusters and innovation systems emerge and develops. We also investigate the significance of culture, experiences and tourism in creating entrepreneurial rural districts and cities. From this angle we pay particular attention to strategic development of places and place marketing.