Research at the Department of Architecture and Planning
The research activities aim to contribute to the development of good, comprehensive and sustainable architecture and planning through working on research topics that correspond to the areas where the institute also has teaching responsibility. The projects are here presented thematically, but many of the projects have an interdisciplinary participation.
The Department collaborates closely with other disciplines at NTNU and SINTEF, with industry, various public and private enterprises and institutions and other universities both nationally and internationally.
- Designing and building process in a lifetime
- Living arrangements and quality in residential environments
- Sustainability and Energy
- Architecture and Health
- Property development and management
- Local development, urban settlement and landscape planning
- Physical Planning
- Planning in Developing Countries
- Urban Design
- Urban Renewal
- Development of planning methodologies and use of information systems (GIS)