The research at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering addresses challenges ranging from basic research—in mathematics, computer science, cybernetics, nano and micro electronics—to global research demands within energy, health and welfare, robust and secure ICT services, and marine and artic operations.
Strategic Research Areas
Each of our strategic research areas span across several departments. Doing cross disiplinary research for a better world within the fields of:
- Coastal and marine operations and surveillance
- Energy Efficient Computing Systems
- Open and Autonomous Digital Ecosystems
Our researchers are involved in a wide range of national and international research projects and centres.
Centre of Excellence (SFF)
Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI)
- Centre for Exposed Aquaculture Operations (EXPOSED)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
Centre for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME)
- Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology (NOWITECH)
- The Research Centre on Zero Energy Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Centre)
- Centre for intelligent electricity distribution (CINELDI)
- Norwegian Research Centre for Hydropower Technology (HYTECH)