All scientific publications and dissemination must be registered in Cristin
(Current Research Information System in Norway). Each author/researcher is responsible for registering their own results.
Register research in Cristin (Information given on "Innsida")
All doctoral dissertations should be archived in DiVA (Digital Archive for NTNU). You will still be able to opt out of electronic publishing, but the dissertation itself must still be filed.
PhD dissertations and DiVA (Information by the NTNU University Library)
Open Access – NTNU's publishing fund
What purpose? Who can apply? Which fees are covered? Read the guidelines and application form
NTNU has funds that can cover publishing expenses in Open Access journals. More about what is covered - and application form (pdf)
- that provides pay-off in form of publication points:
- Scientific monographs
- Scientific articles in anthologies
- Scientific articles in periodicals, series and websites
- Scientific commentary editions
Guidelines for the crediting of scientific publications to institutions
The general rule is that a doctoral candidate should list both the degree-giving and collaborative institutions in publications that are part of the thesis work. It requires that both parties actually contribute with guidance on the candidate's publications. This means that NTNU is used as the author's address in addition to the candidate's employer if NTNU have provided a "significant contribution" through the guidance, equipment, working or otherwise. The guidelines support of this the parties' joint responsibility to the candidate in the PhD program. Guidelines with examples (in Norwegian).
Search or registration of publication channels
NSD (Norsk samfunnsvitenskapelig datatjeneste) is responsible for the Norwegian register of scientific journals, series and publishers. Suggestions for new ordinary scientific publishing channels (level 1) should be directed to and processed by NSD. NSD convey these to UHRs publication committee, which has overall responsibility for the final approval of the channels.
Nomination to the channels with the highest international prestige (level 2) is done in a separate process by the Department/faculty and under the auspices of the publishing committee and national strategical organs. The lists are revised annually.
Contacts at the Faculty and Departments
- Faculty administration: Harald Lenschow and Solfrid Bergsmyr
- Department of Computer and Information Science: Ellen Solberg
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunications: Nina Lundberg, and Kirsti Klemetsaune.
- Department of Electric Power Engineering: Inger Lundhaug, Eva Schmidt and Åshild Undlien Meistad
- Department of Mathematical Sciences: Kirsti Kværnum, Marte P. H. Andresen og Stian Tamlagsrønning
- Department of Engineering Cybernetics: Eva Amdahl
- Department of Telematics: Randi Flønes
Search for scientific publications
PhD thesis at IME
PhD theses at IME by research unit:
- Department of Computer and Information sciences
- Department for Mathematical sciences
- Department for Electric Power Engineering
- Department for Engineering Cybernetics
- Department for Telematics
- department for Electronics and Telecommunications
- Centre for Quantifiable Quality of Service in Communication Systems