Student Towing Tank (Tank II)
This tank is primarily intended for student use. It is equipped with a wave maker and a towing carriage. There are large glass windows in the side and bottom of the tank, which makes the tank suitable for vizualisations. The relatively small size means that it is quick and easy to do tests here – students are allowed to work here without supervision.
- Length: 25 m
- Width: 2.8 m
- Depth: 1.0 m
- Carriage speed: 0.05 – 1.75 m/s
- Carriage acceleration: 1 m/s 2
- Typical ship model size: 1 m
- Wave maker: Single flap, hydraulically operated
- 6-component dynamometer, forces and moments in 3-dimensions.
- Selspot opto-electronic system.
- Modular force gauges for special requirements.