The Towing Tanks
Towing Tanks I and III:
Dynamometers for ship model testing
- All dynamometers compatible with computerized data collection and reduction.
- Strain gauge based dynamometers for:
- Towing force
- Open water tests
- Propulsion tests
- Test equipment for fixed and floating structures measuring:
- Forces and moments in six degrees of freedom
- Displacement in six degrees of freedom
- Modular force gauges give flexibility for special instrumentation requirements.
- 3 dimensional wake measurements by use of 5-holes pitot tubes.
- Strain gauges and inductive propeller nozzle dynamometers.
- Selspot opto-electronic system for motion measurements in six degrees of freedom.
Towing tank II
The small towing tank is primarily intended for student use. It is equipped with a wave maker and a towing carriage.