The Norwegian Programme for Capacity Development in Higher Education and Research for Development within the Fields of Energy and Petroleum (EnPe 2013-2019) aims to contribute to the education of staff in the energy and petroleum sectors in Norway's selected partner countries through building capacity at the Master level in higher education institutions (HEI) in the South.
The objectives of the EnPe programme are:
- To support the development of Master programmes at HEI in the South through close collaboration with HEI in Norway in accordance with national needs
- To achieve, in a longer term perspective, sustainable capacity of institutions in the South to provide the national work force with adequate qualifications within selected academic fields of study of relevance to the energy and petroleum sectors
- To stimulate South-South-North cooperation through support to the development of regional Master programmes
- To enhance gender equality in all programme activities
- To strengthen and further develop the competence of Norwegian HEI to integrate global as well as developmental perspectives in their professional work
2nd Call for applications to EnPe2013-2019
The EnPe secretariat received 21 applications by the deadline, together asking for 285 000 000 NOK worth of funding. The EnPe board has about 60 000 000 NOK to disburse.