NTNU Staff Week
The application deadline for NTNU's Staff Week was March 1st. It is unfortunately not possible to apply after the deadline.
This webpage will be updated continuously. If you are participating at our staff week please visit our webpage every now and then before your departure to make sure you receive all the information you need.
Programme dates: 12th of May - 16th of May
We also strongly recommend that you stay in Norway on the 17th of May. This is Norway's national holiday, which is celebrated in great fashion nationwide. And this year's celebrations should be even more special than usual, as it is the 200th anniversary of our constitution! For those who will be celebrating May 17th please remember to dress for the occassion. If you are planning to stay in Trondheim to enjoy this fantastic event please inform us.
The programme will cover the following topics:
- International Master programmes
- Internationalization at NTNU
- International student festival in Trondheim-the spirit of voluntary work
- Importance of the Erasmus Student network
- Different visits to faculties
- Academic highlights at NTNU
- Recruitment policy-international-natural sciences-female computer science students
- Welcome programmes for students
- Language summer courses
- Student service
- Student welfare
- Different concepts around housing
- Branding and marketing
- Things you should know about Trondheim
Some meals are provided by NTNU, but you will also have access to the NTNU cafeteria (approx. 50 NOK per meal). Please check the programme for more details about which meals are included.
We will not make any block reservation, you will have to make the reservation on your own and it can be wise to do this asap. Here are some budget options:
- Pilgrims Gård (very nice quiet location, close to the campus, recommended. If you book here please make a reference to the International Office at NTNU )
- Trondheim Vandrehjem
- Jarlen Pensjonat
Other practical information
- Weather forecast for Trondheim
- Map of the Gløshauge Campus where most of the programme will take place. The International House, where the registration will start on Monday, is found to the left of the Main Building.
- The programme contains of some guided tours by foot, hiking etc. Please bring with you comfortable shoes and a rain coat (and/or umbrella). Participants who have disabilities, please inform us.