Production and Quality Engineering
The Department of Production and Quality Engineering (IPK) works on the point of intersection between technology and management, with issues tied to operations, industrialization and production, along with quality and safety.
The department has four research groups:
- Production Systems
- Production Management
- Project and Quality Management
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
We teach three international two-year Master's Degree programs in english:
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety
- Project Management
- Global Technology Management
In addition, we offer courses and specializations in several other two- and five-year Master's Degree programs in Norwegian, such as the five-year program in Mechanical Engineering.
Using our wide international network we were able to engage in student exchange with many foreign universities and research institutions, for both longer and shorter periods.
Our collaborative research partnership with SINTEF's Technology and Society unit fosters many opportunities for our students in terms of projects and masters theses.
Research centres we participate in include:
- Norwegian Manufacturing Future (NORMAN)
- Norwegian Centre for Project Management (NSP)
- Gemini Centre for Advanced Robotics
- Gemini Centre for Integrated Design and Additive Manufacturing (IDAM)
- Centre for Integrated Operations in the Petroluem Industry (IOCENTER)
- Gemini centre for Reliability and Safety Studies (ROSS)
More abour department research activities and disciplines.