The TribologyLab is a collaboration between NTNU and SINTEF, and integrally linked with the activities of the Gemini Centre "Tribology".
The Tribology Gemini Center is a strategic collaboration between SINTEF and NTNU aiming at coordinating and developing the tribology activities.
Tribology is the field of science describing the physical processes occurring when two contacting materials are in mutual motion, thus being relevant in various industrial processes which are apparently not connected. Therefore the Tribology Gemini Center is composed by an interdisciplinary group which includes five different departments at NTNU and five institutes at SINTEF. Besides the Tribology Gemini Center aims at establishing and strengthen international collaboration with the most well known Tribology Research Groups.
The goals of the TribologyLab are:
- Research on tribocorrosion: sliding- and erosion-corrosion.
- Research on tribological problems related with dry and lubricated systems.
- Research on in-situ tribology.
- Research on new surface coatings and treatments for improved tribological performance.
- To support the industry in finding solutions related to wear, lubrication, friction, and maintenance.
- To function as a meeting point between the industry and European research centres and universities.
- To educate engineers and scientists in tribological aspects.
The TribologyLab was created in 2008. Since then it has grown, and today our team is composed of professors and PhD students at NTNU and scientists at SINTEF.
Our aim is to continue this growth by hiring competent people in the field and by establishing links with the industry and other universities and research centres worldwide.
Tribology Gemini Center
The TribologyLab is a collaboration between NTNU and SINTEF, and fundamental to the Gemini Centre "Tribology".
SERAM Coatings AS a company to follow up in 2015 - TU.
Adolf Øiens Kapitalfond price 2014.
Self-lubricating coatings in gemini and TU.