About the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology
The Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology offers students a choice of more than 30 engineering programmes. Both two and five year Master of Science programmes are offered, eleven of which are conducted entirely in English. In addition the faculty selects candidates to the doctoral programme through dedicated PhD positions tied to our research agenda and departments.
NTNU awards approximately 80% of all advanced engineering degrees in Norway and cooperates closely with industry to ensure that both our research and degree programmes contribute to sustainable development and innovation.
Facts about IVT
- About 1000 employees and about 3500 students
- 80 % off all advanced engineering degrees in Norway are awarded at NTNU, and half of these are from IVT
- Student admission for 2010: 9707 applicants, 827 accepted.
- An average of 65 PhD's awarded every year
- Large number of external activities (2011: 350 mill NOK)
- IVT participates in 16 SFF/SFI/FME, is host for 4 SFI/SFF.
This is NTNU's vision: "Knowledge for a Better World. NTNU – Internationally Excellent". The IVT Faculty will contribute to the realization of this vision by developing "Technology for Sustainability and Innovation".