To use our facility/services you need to apply.
For new users, please contact us for an initial discussion on how your project can best benefit from our services. After such an initial discussion we can provide estimates on the resources and time needed for the project and costs.
Due to limited staff resources, most users will have to run their own experiments after an initial period of training where the staff from Kavli Institute/CNC will assist. Basic technical assistance and support will be provided by our staff as needed, but support and help with planning, setting up and running experiments have to be booked in agreement with the Kavli Institute/ CNC (See Prices and booking).
- Researchers with projects that benefit from the technology can apply for access. Access will be given to short-term users as well as sabbatical visitors.
- Projects will be approved by the Director at the Centre where the facility is located and decisions will be monitored by the Scientific Board of NORBRAIN, which will have members from the major neuroscience institutions in Norway.
- All users have a common responsibility for providing a good research environment that ensures optimal utilization of the equipment/methods and personnel.
- Only properly trained users are allowed to use the equipment.
- To use the services and equipment at NORBRAIN Facility in Trondheim, your project and booking needs to be approved by our NORBRAIN personnel.
- All work at the NORBRAIN Facilities must be performed according to NTNUs Health, environment and safety (HMS) policy and standard operating procedures at Kavli Institute/ CNC.
Prices and agreements
- Users will be expected to cover all direct project costs through their own funding but NORBRAIN will cover general maintenance and support (host institution's contribution).
- The user pay for the equipment and services according to the price lists posted on the web page: sett inn lenke her
- When project and project plan is approved, the NORBRAIN Facility will generate an agreement according to the performed booking.
- The user is responsible for being updated on and act according to the relevant, prevailing procedures and regulations at the NORBRAIN Facility.
- The user is responsible for:
- Proper handling of any biological and chemical materials.
- Approved animal application describing the experiments and proper animal handling and storing during the experiment.
- Necessary approvals according to Norwegian Law for handling human biological material and personal information.
- All equipment and laboratory space shall be cleaned and set back to their standard set-up after running an experiment.