Language Acquisition and Language Processing Lab
Welcome to the world’s northernmost psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics lab!
In the Language Acquisition and Language Processing Lab we investigate language skills in children and adults. The Lab is primarily dedicated to basic research. We do experimental research on language acquisition (first language acquisition with children and second language acquisition with adults) as well as on language processing (for instance comprehension and categorisation). Our goal is to find out how humans develop their abilities to understand and reflect on the world around them and to talk about it. Closely related is the question what young children know about the world around them. How do they think? How do they learn to talk?
Mila Vulchanova interviewed in the Norwegian weekly magazine KK
Mila Vulchanova gives an invited talk at LACompLing2017 in Stockholm
Research Scholars of UoH complete the Erasmus programme at the Lab
Mila Vulchanova gives a keynote talk at the 4th Attentive Listener in the Visual World International Workshop, Goa - India
Prof. Ulf Liszkowski (Hamburg University) gives a talk on "Shades, and shapes, of infant pointing. With an eye on autism, SLI, and pointing origins" on Wednesday 15/02 at 14:15 at the Lab
- Mila Vulchanova & Valentin Vulchanov give a talk on "Traces of a language deficit on the higher end of the autism spectrum" at the Research Seminar, Department of Linguistics, at Essex University on May 5th.
- Podcast on the advantages of active use of the two standard varieties of Norwegian
- Prof. Vulchanova gives a talk at the Psychology Higher Seminar, Örebro University
- Prof. Vulchanova is external reviewer for Pia Nordgren's thesis defense, Gothenburg University March 3, 2016
- The "Perspective on Language Development" workshop will take place on March 1st, 2016.
- Prof. Vulchanova gives a talk in the High Seminar, Örebro University and is the opponent at a doctoral defense at the Department of Psychology, Örebro University on February 5th, 2016.
- More information on COST action.
See also our News Archive.
1 Postdoc Position in Experimental Research on Language is available for a period of 3.5 years
1 PhD position available for a period of 3 years in the EU Horizon2020 Excellent Science Marie Curie ITN project Deictic Communication (DCOMM)
1 PhD position available for a period of 3 years within the FRIHUMSAM project ‘Origins of Semantic Composition in Early Cognitive Development’