Mobility and Travel Grants for PhD Students
LingPhil affiliated PhD candidates may apply for mobility grants to cover expenses for research stays abroad.
- Mobility grants may be used to cover research stays at non-Norwegian institutions provided that the visit lasts more than two weeks.
- LingPhil covers only travel and accommodation, not equipment and per diem
- Rates for living expenses should not be very high (RCN rate is not an example).
- The application must be endorsed by the supervisor.
- An invitation from the host institution must be attached.
- The home institution of the PhD candidate should provide an indication of endorsement, e.g. previous support received by the student etc.
- Applications for less than NOK 25 000 are processed continuously.
- Applications that exceed NOK 25 000 will be processed twice a year, at the Steering Board meetings. Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks before the Steering Board meeting.
LingPhil affiliated PhD candidates may apply for travel grants to cover travel expenses when participating in research courses organized by LingPhil.
- All travel grants must be used on travels within Norway, unless the Steering Board decides to organize a course abroad.
- You must apply for a travel grant prior to the event.
- There is no upper-limit for the travel grant. However, reimbursement of expenses is subject to several conditions: see below.
The application must be endorsed by the supervisor.
In order to do so, the applicant must first send an email to the supervisor.
Subject: Supervisor endorsement- LingPhil student travel grant
Text: Name of the applicant, Course title, organizer, justification of participation & budget
Supervisor reply to the email.
Convert the whole email correspondence into PDF and upload to the application.
Reimbursement of expenses is subject to the following conditions:
- The most efficient and economic mode of transportation should be used.
- PhD candidates travel from their home institutions.
- The number of reimbursable hotel nights should not exceed the length of the course.
- No per diem will be refunded.
- Use the standard travel claim form English Norsk
- Attachments: Reciepts/bills, copy of air ticket(s), boarding passes, filled & signed travel claim form
For queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Claiming travel expences
PhD candidates employed at NTNU should send their travel claims through PAGA.
Other affiliated PhD candidates may send their travel claim either by regular mail or by email.
Full documentation should be provided for all reimbursement requests.
If you send your travel claim by regular mail, please send all the original receipts and boarding passes with your travel claim form. Please enclose documentation of grant approval as well.
If you wish to send your travel claim by email, you should send it as a "reply" to the original email approving your grant application. Please scan all the original receipts, boarding passes and travel claim form (signed) and send them as a single PDF file attached to the email.
Faculty of Humanities / Det humanistiske fakultet