Travel and Research Grants 2016
Deadline for applications: 1 September 2016
MedIm will distribute minimum 6 grants, each of NOK 50.000, to PhD candidates with research projects within the core areas of MedIm. The aim of these grants is to enhance the recipient's potential to achieve the best possible research training.
The grant may for example be used towards:
- international research visits
- operational costs in relation to experiments
- procurement of non-standard equipment
Applicants must be formally registered as PhD candidates at one of the MedIm partner institutions: NTNU, the University of Oslo, the University of Bergen or the University of Tromsø. To be eligible, applicants must register with abstract at the 8th National PhD Conference in Medical Imaging in Trondheim, 21-22 November 2016.
Travel Grants for PhD courses
As a PhD candidate, you can apply for travel support from MedIm for participation in PhD courses outside your hometown. Normally, this support is limited to the courses on MedIm’s list of available courses, but occasionally MedIm provides this support also in connection with other events. Medical research program students are also welcome to apply for travel grants.
Support is given according to the following rates:
- You can receive up to NOK 2000 per round trip (travelling to/from Tromsø the amount may be somewhat higher).
- Documented hotel accommodation costs are covered up to NOK 1200 per night for the duration of the course.
- The maximum support for one course is NOK 20 000.
- One may receive support for several courses.
If your application is granted, you will receive a letter of confirmation. No reimbursements will be made in excess of the amount stipulated in this letter without prior agreement. Reimbursements are made only on the basis of original receipts, so please keep this documentation for later submission.
External events with currently available travel grants
Ten travel- and accomodation grants available for each event, first come - first serve basis: