Symposium on Trends and Needs in Medical Technology and Health Care
- with focus on Molecular Imaging, Medical Biotechnology and Health Informatics
A dramatic improvement in general welfare and health care has taken place in many parts of the world the last decades. New challenges are emerging, particular the aging population and unhealthy life style. To meet these challenges, there is a need to improve prevention of unhealthy life style, develop new methods of diagnosis and therapies, and focus on rehabilitation.
To discuss how medical technology can meet the challenges in health care, the Strategic Area Medical Technology at NTNU will organize a symposium entitled “Trends and Needs in Medical Technology and Health Care”.
The main objectives of the symposium are to:
- discuss where medical technology should be moving in general and what should be the focus of the research and innovation
- discuss future developments in the area of medical technology
- strengthen the collaboration and communication between groups working within technology, biology, and medicine.
The area of medical technology is broad and we want to focus on three topics:
- Medical imaging. Nanoparticles for image guided drug delivery
Invited speaker: Professor Chrit Moonen, France
- Medical biotechnology. Linking genetic markers to disease
Invited speaker: Professor Joakim Lundeberg, Sweden
- Health Informatics. IT for fostering clinical research
Invited speaker: Professor Patrice Degoulet, France