Silicon for the Chemical and Solar Industry XIII
June 13-16. 2016, Kristiansand Norway
Aim of the conference is to discuss silicon process technology, silicon quality assessment and performance in the subsequent chemical reactions. Resource, energy and environmental issues are also important.
The different processes from quartz to metallurgical and solar grade silicon, silicones or electronic silicon are strongly linked and a sustainable process is dependent on a thorough understanding of the total process. A recent development is production of solar grade silicon directly by metallurgical routes. Silicon producers as well as users and academia will attend.
The conference is focused on silicon production and the primary chemical processes. Organosilicon chemistry in general is not a topic. Proceedings will be available upon arrival.
Please register for the conference here. The number of participants is limited to 150.
Please ascertain whether you need a visa to visit Norway.
List of countries exempt from the visa requirements.
If you require a visa, please consult the Norwegian consulate or embassy in your home country for more information and application forms.
For a letter of invitation, please contact us at Silicon@material.ntnu.no
See final program here (pdf-file)
- Silicon production (raw materials, process, refining, casting and milling)
- Solar grade silicon
- Metallurgical and chemical route to the production of solar grade silicon
- Product characterization
- Reactions, catalysis, mechanism by production of primary products as: Methylchlorosilanes, Trichlorosilane, Silicon Tetrachloride, Ethylchlorosilanes, Alkoxysilanes, other Silanes
- Environmental issues and safety
- Monday the 13th of June: Registration from 17:00 to 19:00. At 19:00 there will be a reception at the hotel.
- Tuesday the 14th of June, the opening of the conference is at 08:30, and the first lecture at 08:45.
- Thursday the 16th of June, the conference will end after lunch, which is preliminary scheduled for 12:00.
Location and transport
The conference takes place at Scandic Kristiansand Bystranda in Kristiansand.
Kristiansand is located in Southern Norway. At just under 90.000 inhabitants, it is Norway’s 5th largest city. It’s warm climate and beautiful location, makes it a very popular summer tourist destination.
Kristiansand airport, Kjevik, is 16 km northeast of the town. The airport has excellent connections with Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen and Trondheim. There are several daily flights to/from Copenhagen and Amsterdam. Sandefjord airport Torp, is 210 km northeast of Kristiansand. KLM, Norwegian, Wizz air, Widerøe and Ryanair have flights to Torp from several European destinations. It is also possible to take a train from Oslo to Kristiansand, or to drive from Oslo.
We have reserved rooms at the hotel Scandic Kristiansand Bystranda from Monday June 13th 2016 to Thursday, June 16th. The hotel costs, NOK 1516 for a single room and NOK 1718 for a double, are to be paid directly to the hotel.
Location: Østre Strandgate 74, Kristiansand
Phone: +47 21615000 Email: email@example.com
Please state the booking code: BNTN130616