Dual career & spouse support
NIRS offers Dual career services as part of NTNU's strategy and effort towards recruiting and retaining the best academics. Dual career services aim to assist the partners/spouses of our international researchers with career planning and social integration.
Who qualifies for our services?
Partners/spouses of international researchers that are employed or guests
What do we offer?
- Courses: "Applying for a job in Norway & Working with Norwegians" (spring & autumn )
- Spouse network
- Counselling in special situations (for those who plan to live in Trondheim for at least two years)
- Språk-kafe (Norwegian conversation group every second week)
- Voluntary network (possibility to organise activities)
- Partners/spouses are welcome to all social activities organised by NIRS
- International Coffee (each month)
- Guided tour in Trondheim (various topics)
- The city of knowledge (Kunnskapsbyen)
- Skiing course (February)
- Summer party (June)
- Learn about Norwegian mushrooms (August - September)
- Christmas gathering (December)
Contact person for Dual career services at NTNU:
International HR Adviser, Iuliana Mariana Hussein