Register with Immigration
Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:25:32 +0200
- In general, NTNU employees have to register within 7 days of their arrival in Norway at the Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA). Make an appointment online to register.
- Researchers with own funds can not use SUA office, but need to do the registration and immigration at the Immigration Office, Trondheim Police Station.
- EU citizens do not need to apply for a work permit, but need to register at the Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA).
- Non-EU employees that already have a work permit granted by Norwegian embassy/consulate, need to register at the Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA).
- The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration has a comprehensive portal that explains all about the kinds of immigration permits you need for your family.
Appointments for researchers with own funds
- Researchers with own funds should make an appointment well in advance, before you need to obtain or renew your permit. Because the demand for appointments is very high, you may not be able to get an appointment right away.
- More information about the Trondheim Police Station can be found on their website. Opening hours for the Immigration Office are also available.
The office is at Gryta 4, in downtown Trondheim.
- Directorate of Immigration (UDI)
- Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA)
- Trondheim Police Station/UDI location
- Application Portal Norway
- Norwegian embassies listing
- Visa applications non EU/EEA countries
- Visa applications EU/EEA countries
- Study in Norway website
- New in Norway (for non-Norwegian workers)