Programmes of study
The Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology offers a number of programmes of study in the natural sciences and technology that lead to a range of exciting careers. Our graduates with integrated MSc degrees have an education that combines comprehensive knowledge of the natural sciences with specialization in specific areas of industrial application. Others who take the BSc or MSc programmes at the faculty have a degree that gives specialized knowledge in their chosen field of study in the natural sciences.
Our programmes cover the fundamental disciplines in the natural sciences:
biology, physics and chemistry and fields of study such as biotechnology, chemical process technology, materials technology and nanotechnology. One of our programmes offers specialization in mathematics and statistics. There are promising career possibilities for our graduates. Both the private and public sectors offer many opportunities in industry, administration, research, consultancy, the health sector and education.
If you are interested in the natural sciences and technology and are looking for a career with endless possibilities, then we have programmes to match your ambitions.
International Master's Degrees
Master's programme 2-year:
- MSc in Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality (Nordic Master's)
- MSc in Biology
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Chemistry
- MSc in Condensed Matter Physics
- MSc in Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
- MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (Nordic Master's)
- MSc in Light Metals, Silicon and Ferroalloy Production
- Msc in Marine Coastal Development (in co-operation with IVT)
- MSc in Medical Technology
- MSc in Natural Resources Management
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Polymer Technology (Nordic Master's) New!
Master of Science in Technology
Master's of Technology/Master's programme:
(Language of instruction: Norwegian)
- Applied Physics and Mathematics (5-year)
- Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (5-year)
- Materials Science and Engineering (5-year)
- Nanotechnology (5-year)
The International Master's Degrees are managed by the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology , NTNU
NTNU, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology