The Lars Onsager Professorship
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology sponsors the annual Lars Onsager Professorship. The recipient is to spend 3-6 months at NTNU to collaborate with scientists here.
Recipients to date are:
- 2012 Richard Spontak, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, and Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, North Carolina State University
- 2011 George W. Scherer, W. L. Knapp Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Princeton University
- 2010 Elisabeth Bouchaud, Head of the Divison of Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces at CEA-SACLAY, Gif-Sur-Yvette, France (physics)
- 2009 Gerrit Ernst-Wilhelm Bauer, Kavli Institute of NanoScience, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (physics)
- 2008 Peter S. Riseborough, Department of Physics, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA (physics)
- 2007 Matthieu H. Ernst, Institute for Theoretical Physics Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands (physics)
- 2006 John R. Klauder, Departments of Physics and Mathematics, University of Florida (physics and mathematics)
- 2005 Alexander Volberg, Michigan State University (mathematics)
- 2004 George Batrouni, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France (physics)
- 2003 Miguel Rubí Capaceti, Facultat de Fisica, Departament Fisica Fonamental, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain. (chemistry)
- 2002 John S. Newman, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California (chemical engineering).
- 2001 D. A. Brant, University of Californa, Irvine (chemistry)
- 2000 V. Havin, St. Petersburg (mathematics).
- 1999 A. Iserles, University of Cambridge (mathematics)
- 1998 V. S. Varadarajan, University of California, Los Angeles (mathematics)
- 1997 D. Bedeaux, Leiden University (physical chemistry)
- 1996 J. M. J. van Leeuwen, Leiden University (statistical physics)
- 1995 F. W. Gehring, University of Michigan (mathematics)
- 1994 V. B. Lazarev, The Kurnakov institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Moscow (chemistry)
- 1993 G. Stell, SUNY, Stony Brook (statistical physics)
Regulations for the Lars Onsager Professorship (in Norwegian).