The Perfect: variation workshop
Time and place:
Trondheim, November 5 - 7, 2015
About the workshop
The aim of this workshop is to explore variation in perfect constructions across languages, from synchronic, diachronic or acquisitional points of view. Various illustrations drawn from Indo-European languages are given below of possible topics, but proposals outside this family of languages are also invited.
- Synthetic Perfects: description, development, analysis
- Periphrastic Perfects: definite past time reference and the ‘aoristic drift’
- Evidentiality and the Perfect
- The Morphology of Periphrastic Perfects (including elision and expansion)
- The grammaticalisation of prepositions as aspectual markers
Contact the organisers
The Perfect variation conference is a joint venture between LCIS Linguistic Complexity in the Individual and Society at NTNU (Trondheim, Norway) and FORELL Formes et représentations en linguistique et littérature at Université de Poitiers (Poitiers, France).