Studies at Programme for Teacher Education
- Teacher Education
- Master of School Management
- Master of the Teacher Profession and Teaching Practice
- Master of Science in Didactics - Social Studies
- Master of Science in Didactics - Natural Science
- Master of Science in Didactics - Foreign Language
- Master of Science in Didactics - The Methodology of the Aesthetics
- PhD in Education (in collaboration with the Department of Education)
- In-service educational training for academic staff
We also offer a variety of in-service training and further education courses for teachers.
The instruction at Programme for Teacher education is carried out in Norwegian. The students will become teachers in Norwegian schools where Norwegian is the language of instruction. It is therefore required that applicants are fluent in Norwegian.
Teacher education includes the following programmes:
- Full time post graduate teacher training (1 year)
- Part time post graduate teacher training (2 years)
- Master's Degree programmes with teacher training (5 years)
The Teacher Education programmes qualify for teaching in grades 5-13 and 8-13 in Norwegian schools.
NTNU offers five-years Master's Degree programmes with integrated teacher training in science and mathematics, modern languages, social studies and history. The teacher training courses in these programmes are offered by Programme for Teacher Education.
The Master of School Management is a continuing education programme for practising teachers and school leaders. The Programme for Teacher Education also offers four specialisations in the master's degree programme Master of Science in Didactics: Social Studies, Natural Science, Foreign Language, and The Methodology of the Aesthetics. This Master's degree Programme aims mainly at candidates holding a Teacher Certificate in primary and lower secondary education.
In-service educational training for university staff
All newly appointed staff at NTNU who do not have formal qualifications for teaching, are obliged to follow an in-service educational training course within a set period of time after being appointed. The training provides the newly appointed staff with basic competence for teaching at university.
In-service and further education
Currently, Programme for Teacher Education offers a variety of in-service and further education courses for teachers in the fields of general education, science education, mathematics education and school management.