Centres for Research-based Innovation
The SFI scheme promotes innovation by supporting long-term research through close cooperation between R&D intensive companies and prominent research institutions.
NTNU hosts four Centres for Research-based Innovation
SIMLAB develops methods and tools for the virtual product development of structures exposed to impact and collisions.
IO Center conducts research, innovation and education within the IO field, to promote accelerated production, increased oil recovery, reduced operating costs and enhanced safety and environmental standards.
MI Lab facilitates cost efficient health care and improved patient outcome through innovation in medical imaging, and exploits the innovations to create industrial enterprise.
SAMCOT develops robust technology for industry to enable the sustainable exploration and exploitation of the Arctic.
NTNU will also host five new centres starting in 2015
- Metal Production – MetalPro
- Centre for Advanced Structural Analysis – CASA
- Center for innovative ultrasound solutions for health care, maritime, and oil & gas industries – CIUS
- Subsea production and processing – SUBPRO
- Industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation for a competitive and sustainable process industry – iCSi