Centres for Research-based Innovation
The SFI scheme promotes innovation by supporting long-term research through close cooperation between R&D intensive companies and prominent research institutions.
NTNU hosts six Centres for Research-based Innovation (CRI/SFI):
To provide a research and technology platform for the creation and development of smart, cost effective, safe and environmentally friendly structures and products through multi-scale testing, modelling and simulation.
Center for innovative ultrasound solutions for health care, maritime, and oil & gas industries – CIUS
Centre for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions for health care, maritime, and oil & gas builds on NTNU’s longstanding tradition in ultrasound research for medical applications and extends this to encompass new research areas within oil, gas and maritime sectors.
Industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation for a competitive and sustainable process industry – iCSI
The centre targets the land-based chemical process industry in Norway. The main objective of iCSI is to boost industrial innovation and competitiveness as well as to provide efficient, low-emission process technology.
The main goal is to enable industrial innovation and give the industry long term access to world class fundamental competence and candidates. This will enable the industry to maintain its position at the forefront of sustainable innovation.
The primary objective is to become a leading international subsea research center that provides top quality candidates, knowledge and technology innovations. This will be done in partnership with the most important industrial players in the field.
SAMCoT is a leading national and international centre for the development of robust technology necessary for sustainable exploration and exploitation of the valuable and vulnerable Arctic region.
NTNU also participates in these CRI/SFI-centres
- Centre for Integrated Remote Sensing and Forecasting for Arctic Operations – CIRFA
- Centre for Research-based Innovations in Controlled-environment Aquaculture – CtrlAQUA
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain – SIRIUS
- Exposed Aquaculture Operations
- Klima 2050 – Risk reduction through climate adaption of buildings and infrastructures
- Marine operations Center – MOIS
- Offshore Mechatronics
- SFI Smart Maritime – Norwegian Centre for improved energy-efficiency and reduced emissions from the maritime sector
- Sustainable Innovations for Automated Manufacturing of Multi-Material Products