The award of an ERC grant is the most prestigious funding a researcher can receive.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology has designed the Onsager Fellowship and Outstanding Academic Fellows programmes as a means to double the number of ERC grants awarded to NTNU researchers from Horizon 2020 compared to the 7th Framework Programme.
NTNU researchers were awarded six ERC grants from the 7th Framework Programme:
- Edvard Moser, Advanced Grant I
- Edvard Moser, Advanced Grant II
- May-Britt Moser, Advanced Grant
- Bernt-Erik Sæther, Advanced Grant
- Jonathan Whitlock, Starting Grant
- Ayumu Tashiro, Starting Grant