Athens Programme March 2014
ATHENS is an association of European universities that offer exciting and intensive one-week courses twice a year. Parallel to the courses students get to experience the culture of the host country. Participation is free. Travel and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the student.
The courses are about 30 hours and have a final exam. Students receive two ECTS credits for the course. The host institution also organizes a 10 to 15 hour course to get to know the local culture and host institution.
Course: Sustainable Hydropower Development
Sunday 15 March
|11:00||Guided tour through the city||Market Square|
|12:30|| Welcome |
Information about NTNU
| International House, |
Campus Vestre Gløshaugen,
O.S Bragstadplass 3, 7491 Trondheim
|Afternoon|| Excursion with ESN to a mountain cabin |
Monday 16 - Friday 21 March
|09:00||Lectures and excursions (see course description on Athens main page for more information)||To be determined|
Saturday 22 March
|09:00||2- hour exam||To be determined|
Sunday 22 or Monday 23 March
Departure according to your room reservation
Costs and accommodation
- Living and travel expenses are to be covered by the student.
- Social programme fee: 100 NOK.
- Accommodation will be arranged for accepted students according to the information given in the registration form. More information will follow later. Price: 320 – 365 NOK per night.
- Dinner at the student canteen (aprox): main course 55 NOK, soup 20 NOK.
30 minutes walking distance or 7 minutes by bus.
Apply through the Athens programme main page.
- How to get to Trondheim
- Nightlife in Trondheim
- Campus app
- Trondheim tourist information
- NTNU Facebook International