Information technology deals with the planning, development, improvement, evaluation and use of programs and computer systems.
This is a 3 years Bachelor's degree programme in information technology. After 3 years the students may embark on their working life or apply for the 2 years Master's programme in Informatics.
This is a programme for Scandinavian-speaking students. More information is available at the Norwegian website.
About the Programme
The programme focuses on:
- how your computer works – hardware, operating system, networks
- how to develop your own programs – modelling and programming
- how to store, process and present text, images and sound – databases, searching, graphics and visualizing
- the Internet and networks – searching, web system development and information security
- how to use this technology in other disciplines – e.g. bioinformatics, teaching, mathematics, etc
- how to use computer technology to solve complex problems – algorithms, intelligent systems, mathematical calculations
- how to simplify the users' everyday life – user interface design, user cooperation, communication and cooperation support
Master's Degree Programme
The Bachelor's degree qualifies you for applying for admission to the 2 years Master's programme in Informatics.
Degree: Bachelor of Science in informatics
Language of instruction: Norwegian
Duration: 3 years, 180 ECTS
Programme code: BIT
Application code: 194 395
Restricted admission: Yes
- 1 March for students with an international degree
- 15 April for Norwegian and Nordic degree students
This information is relevant for the present academic year.