TTM4128 - Network and Service Management

About

Examination arrangement

Examination arrangement: Portfolio assessment
Grade: Letters

Evaluation form Weighting Duration Examination aids Grade deviation
Work 20/100 D
Work 30/100 A
Written examination 50/100 3 hours D

Course content

The course covers: Architecture and principles for SNMP-based and WEB-based network management. WEB-based network management comprises WBEM (WEB-based Enterprise Management), WS-management (WEB Services for Management) and NETCONF (Network Configuration Protocol).

Learning outcome

A. Knowledge:
1) To get a basic understanding of principles and architectures for management of networks and networked services.
2) To get a profound understanding of SNMP as an architecture and platform for network management.
3) To get a profound understanding of Web-based management.

B. Skills:
1) To be able to communicate, reason and creatively think about management of networks.
2) To be able to understand and use abstract specifications for SNMP-based as well as web-based management .
3) To be able to design, implement and use web-based platforms for network management.
4) To be able to configure and use Net-SNMP for network management.

Learning methods and activities

Lectures, Team Based Learning (TBL) Quizzes, exercises and a practical assignment with up to 2 compulsory written reports. The report(s) must be approved to qualify for the final exam.

Compulsory assignments

  • Semester assignment - report 2
  • Semester assignment - report 1

Further on evaluation

Portfolio assessment is the basis for the grade in the course. The portfolio includes a practical assignment with up to 2 compulsory written reports which together count 30%, the 3 best TBL Quizzes which together count 20%, and a written final exam which counts 50%. The results for the parts are given in %-scores. The entire portfolio is assigned a letter grade.
The written exam is given in English only. The exam can be answered in English or in Norwegian.
If there is a re-sit examination, the examination form may be changed from written to oral.
If a student also after the re-sit exam has the final grade F/failed, the student must repeat the entire course. Works that count in the final grade must be repeated.

Specific conditions

Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.

Course materials

To be announced at the beginning of the term.

Timetable

Detailed timetable

Examination

Examination arrangement: Portfolio assessment

Term Statuskode Evaluation form Weighting Examination aids Date Time Room *
Autumn ORD Work 20/100 D
Autumn ORD Work 30/100 A
Autumn ORD Written examination 50/100 D 2017-12-09 09:00
  • * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date.
If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.