Studentweb is used for multiple purposes:
- Registering for courses
- Registering for exams
- Viewing exam results and ordering transcripts of records
- Registering your address in Trondheim
To access Studentweb, log on using the link on the website https://studentweb.ntnu.no.
Input your username and password. The username and password is given to you when you register at the Oracle service.
Registering for courses and exams
All students must register for the courses they are going to attend. This is compulsory, even if you have been pre-approved for your courses before arriving in Trondheim.
- You should not register for more than 30 ECTS credits per semester.
- You must register for courses before you register for the exams.
After registering for a course, you must register for the exams in that course. Please note that registering exams is compulsory, you will not be able to sit an exam unless you have registered by the deadline (15 September for autumn semester/15 February for spring semester ).
- check the exam schedule to make sure that the courses you register for do not have an exam on the same day.
- check the course schedule to avoid selecting courses that are taught at the same time.
Changing courses after arrival
You can register for courses and exams in all courses that you have been preapproved for. If, however, you have to change your plan of study, please check that you fulfill the requirements for the given course.
It is YOUR responsibility to check that you have the necessary academic background for the courses you register for. Before registering a course that you have not been preapproved for, read the information about the prerequisites for that course. This information is available on under course search.
If you are in doubt as to whether or not you fulfill the requirements, or if you need advice, please check with the relevant faculty/department.
In some cases, registration for a course/exam is not possible due to the fact that some courses have restricted admission. If you are unable to register for a course due to restricted admission hand in the form "Approval of additional courses with restricted admission" to the Office of International Relations.
Exam results and transcripts of records
- You may view your exam results and order copies of your transcript of grades using Studentweb . Click "status" and then "view exam results" to see the exams that have been graded at NTNU.
- Click "orders" and then "examination transcripts" to have a transcript sent to your address as soon as the results are available. There is no charge for this service. Please note that most exam results are available sometime in January for the fall exams and sometime in July for the spring exams.
Remember that if your home address has changed since you submitted your application to NTNU you will need to tell the Office of International Relations your new address so that we can update the information. Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and write ADDRESS CHANGE in the subject line of the email.