How can you contribute to innovation? How should we develop products and processes to meet future demands for energy and resource consumption? The degree programme Mechanical Engineering provides an education in technology that will allow you to shape your future.
The degree programme in Mechanical Engineering offers three branches of study in which you can specialize:
Energy, Process, and Flow Engineering
In this specialization you will learn about the entire energy chain. Flow engineering, heat pumps, hydropower, natural gas, and food technology are examples of central topics.
Production and Quality Engineering
In this specialization you can learn about important problems attached to modern production enterprises, such as machining, automation, maintenance, logistics, and project control.
Product Development and Materials Engineering
This specialization will provide you with basic knowledge about different phases of product development, from idea to production, and about the complete life cycle of products. You can also learn about modern construction materials such as light metal, plastic, and carbon fibre.
Mechanical Engineering is a good choice if you:
- Are creative, enjoy identifying and solving problems;
- Have a wide and comprehensive interest in technology;
- Like complex technological problems;
- Prefer a mixture of theoretical and practical tasks;
- Want qualifications you may use within several business areas;
- Aspire to become an inventor or researcher.
Here are a few examples of master's theses completed in this programme over the previous decade:
- Design of filament-developed rocket engine shell
- Planning of small-scale hydropower plant in Nepal
- Reliability data for sea floor production systems
- Simulation of flow in aluminum electrolytic cells
- Glued frame structures for cars
- Handling of phase transitions in project implementation
- Fatigue control in flow machines
See also, information about the five-year long advanced engineering programme in Mechanical Engineering (5 yr.).
Advanced Engineering (MSc) 2 yr.
Language of instruction:
Engineering Science and Technology