The goal of the MSc in Chemistry is to educate highly qualified chemists able to work independently with chemistry related issues at an advanced level. This will make you an attractive employee in a wide variety of fields.
By majoring in chemistry, you obtain knowledge about several issues important in today's society, such as environmental issues or developing new sources of energy, which will can lead to exiting and meaningful jobs. Today we find chemists in many fields including; industry, research, central and local government administrations and in teaching covering a wide range of specified topics. Within research, you can work at universities, different kinds of research institutes like SINTEF or in industry.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in research at an academic institution or in industry, you can continue with PhD studies at the Department of Chemistry, elsewhere at NTNU, at another Norwegian institution or an institution abroad.
Examples of jobs that would be relevant for you with an MSc in Chemistry:
- Research position at Statoil, Reinertsen Engineering, Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt (FFI), SINTEF, Borregaard, Chiron, Alpharma, GE Healthcare, Axis-Shield, Statens legemiddelverk, Jotun, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Research positions at universities in Norway or international universities
- Product managers in Sigma-Aldrich and VWR
- Laboratory managers in Napro-Pharma and Norsk Hydro
- Laboratory positions in hospitals and pharmacy companies
- Consultant positions in companies like Norconsult and Rambøll
- Teachers in high schools and colleges
Do you have passion for research?
If you want profound knowledge within one field of interest, maybe a PhD is something for you?
Paid education: With a degree in MSc in Biology you can choose among the different PhD programmes offered by the Faculty of natural sciences and technology.
The PhD programmes educate independent scientists on an international level in cooperation with both national and international research environments.